Monday, March 15, 2010

Payin' Too Much

Shawn Damey
3.12.2010

How Come I have to pay So Much-?
Now these days I’ve noticed that I have to pay more and more for stuff that I shouldn’t have to pay for ever but I find myself having to pay for things that the other small schools and just other schools in general don’t have to pay for like the extra $50 dollars I have to pay for to play sports. I would understand paying that much for a club or just the $40 dollars so play but and extra $50 is just a little too much. The sports in middle school were just to keep the kids fit and the sports were for free, what happened to doing thing for the youth. I have paid $140 for sports, does that not seem a little too much and not only that it doesn’t seem like it’s going into the sports that I do at all or anything else that has to do with school so I wonder where does the money go and why am I not seeing things done with the money that so many of us put into the sports and things that we do. If the money is for the education that happens in the class rooms everyday then why aren’t they paying?
I had to pay $86 dollars for my AP test and that’s without free and reduced lunch, they only have to pay $5, holy crap the is like 1/8 of what I have to pay and then I find out the Health school only had to pay $15 dollars without the reduced lunch and at Aviation so now what is TEC doing with money that I have to pay so much for a test and I heard that I could pay $100 for the credit and not have to take the test so why didn’t they give me that option if I have to play almost that much and still have a great chance of failing. It makes no sense to me at all for the expenses that I have to pay and others don’t. Am I paying for other peoples tests or something it’s like the new health care reform, everyone is paying for other peoples health care and that’s not fair to those people and it’s not fair that I have to pay so much compared to what other people have to pay.
All I’m saying is that I don’t feel that I have to pay so much when other’s pay so little and that I should see the changes that so many of us have put money into. Wasting my money for a lost cause.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I hate that, we have loaded so much money into schools between taxes and all the fees we pay, and we dont get anything in return! Especially in sports, we pay all this money and dont get our uniforms, dont get new equipemnt, we dont get hardley anything for that money. It's just dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i will have to say that i disagree with your argument. the money that you spend on sports goes normaly to paying the coach and to bus money for you to go to other schools. you may not notice that the money is being spent or where the money is being spent but since you are not the one spending the money you wont know where it will be spent. the school doesnt just tell everyone were the school money is put to use every time they spend a dollar. but you are right they do charge quite a bit. but they do pay school found exspenses with the money. your story to me is completly opionated because you feel you shouldnt have to pay so much. now if the case was the teachers were spending your money on a swimming pool then yea go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree. true true true. everything is so dam expensive here lol.

    ReplyDelete